Followers

Monday 25 November 2013

Eclectic Elements


 I've been beavering away in crafter corner, so much so that I seem to lose track of time and now it is nearing the end of November. I thought I would show you what I have been up to. Yep you guessed it more sewing. I recently took delivery of some seriously scrummy TH eclectic elements fabric and it was crying out to be patchworked and turned into some bags.


I made a satchel style bag with natural linen bias binding, piping and adjustable strap. It has an internal zipper and magnetic fastener. It was a real challenge to sew as the layers were very thick and if I make this style again I probably won't make it in patchwork I've learnt my lesson!


These two are a style I make over again as they are so roomy and are the casual across body style I like.

 I already had this butterfly fabric which I used for the lining and felt it worked well with the TH fabrics.


 I have listed this bag on my folksy shop here


Promise I won't leave it too long before my next post.

Happy Crafting xxx

12 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

wow loving these.

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, just superb Paula, you have used the gorgeous TH fabrics t0 perfection, both bags are amazing.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Paper Profusion said...

Both are absolutely beautiful Paula. I love the shapes and styles. Your sewing is impeccable. The lining fabric is a perfect match too. Nicola x

Words and Pictures said...

Magnificent work, Paula - the shapes are gorgeous and you've shown off that fabric to perfection. These are highly covetable!!
Alison xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow, what an amazing bag collection, they look so pro!!! Stunning use of those TH fabrics!!

Terry said...

Paula, these bags are out of this world amazing! I love them so much and sewing talents are so professional! You need to share this with Tim and Mario! Fabulous! I don't know if it is just on my end, but your blog is the second one today with very tiny print, but I can see fully your art! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Whoo-hooo! How fab are these? Great bags Paula! Chris xxx

Sam & Poppy said...

OMGosh Paula, these are awesome bags! You clever lady you. Big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

Shirley said...

OMG Paula I feel tempted to get out the sewing machine just for material instead of using on my cards. This is a complete wowser. Love it.

Hope 2014 brings everything you and your family could wish for.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

toni said...

Wonderful work Paula your sewing skills are of such a high standard, so professional ! Would love to see you on the next series of The Sewing Bee! You would walk it !x

loftylass said...

Fantastic bags Paula..... love the material. I too would love to see you on The Sewing Bee show... you should put your name forward.

Hugs
Heather
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula, Just called in to see what treasures you have been making. You have been busy. Loving all of the projects. Hope all is well.
Florence xx