Followers

Sunday 26 August 2012

Floral or Handmade flowers ~ Fashionable stamping Challenges



Hi Everyone, I'm hoping my scheduled post will work ok, we should be sunning ourselves on Surtainville beach in Normandy (well perhaps not this early as this should be scheduled for 7ish LOL!)

We can't wait to see your gorgeous entries for this fortnights Fashionable Stamping Challenge which is Floral or Handmade flowers. The DT have surpassed themselves with an array of stunning floral creations to inspire you, so please do pop over to FSC headquarters for a look. Marina at cottage crafts is the generous sponsor of our challenge and will offer the winner a fantastic prize. But remember we are a stamping challenge so we do require some stamping and no digi stamps please.

I made a card using the gorgeous rosie from The stampsmith and masked her then stamped over with one of my favourite stamps from Justrite. I used a combination of distress inks, prismacolour pencils and inktense pencils to colour the image then matted onto some card and pretty backing paper. The shabby flowers were made using the tim holtz tattered floral & a sizzix bigz flower die and some fabric remnants and dyed muslin (used my inktense pencils to dye the muslin as I wanted it to be colour fast) and I used a piece of the fabric to cover some metal buttons. I did hand sew my flowers but fabric glue would work work equally well.





To make the bag I scanned and enlarged the image (before it was glued to the card) and printed it out onto some transfer paper, mine was a cheapy version bought from Lidl which works well (love Lidl for their craft and sewing stuff, brilliant value ) can't compare it to TAP though as have never used it before. Then it was ironed onto a calico bag, and I stitched.

I added some more diecut flowers which I made as for the card above and I sewed on some lace and a bit of matching trim.



I am entering this for the following challenges

The Stampsmith ~ Anything goes

Have a great week & Happy Crafting XX


35 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Fantastic flowers Paula. They work so well with this image. May need a trip to Lidl too - the transferred image is super. Hugs, Buttons x

Shirl said...

Just can't get enough of your work Paula and this bag is amazing.

Enjoy your hols sweets you deserve it.

Hugs Shirley x x

Dorthe said...

Paula, your flowers are stunning, ,and so lovely shabby- and both your card and bag are so beautiful,in those blue/ brown-gold colours-and I love the perfume label,with the loveliest butterfly.
Wonderful art work, dear.
xo,Dorthe

Deborah said...

Delight is a well chosen word in this case - both are truly lovely as well as beautifully put together. Hope you're having some sun, Paula. The rain has arrived here!

Daniele said...

wow just loving these, amazing coloured background, tottlly loving your flowers and the bag is ......a must have to have a go.....stunning
hugs and best wishes

Paula Whittaker said...

just beautiful....and love how youve used the main panel from the card as the feature on the bag....simple idea but not one I would have thought of.
Hope youre having a wonderful break away x

hazel said...

What wonderful creations, the flowers are fabulous and the colours beautiful, I love everything about them.
xxx Hazel.

Astrid Maclean said...

Amazing projects both of them, as others said the colours are gorgeous, the stamping just so beautifully done and I LOVE your multi layered flowers!! Never had the luck in Lidl to find useful crafty stuff, but will definitely look out for it next time I go (and try to avoid their yummy chocolates lol) Hope you are enjoying the sunshine!!!

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful creations :)

Anonymous said...

Paula
You create the most dreamy pieces of art, I just sit here for far too long in awe of what you create time after time.
Absolutely love your use of Rosie, she has never looked so good!
One last thought .... WOW.
Wishes
Lynne

Ink Art Designs said...

I'm with Lynne...WOW! A stunning creation Paula. I love these images and the colours are perfect without being overdone. And those flowers are amazing!!!
Dot x

Claire said...

Oh wow Paula, gorgeous card and your flowers are absolutely stunning. The bag is amazing, you are such a talented lady
Claire xx

Sophie said...

Meine Güte! Wie wunder-wunderschön...
Ein Traum.

Liebe Grüße

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula
I was so hoping I would see you enter this at TSC :)
Incredible use of her. I've enthused already but I forgot to mention the gorgeous handmade flowers, stunning.
Thank you for once again supporting TSC. Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, Paula, I'm missing words, both of your creations are FANTASTIC.
Hope you enjoy your holidays.

Inky Angel said...

Absolutely stunning work. Love the colors and the hand made flowers. I have a color laser printer, do you know if it works on the transfer paper?
Enjoy your vacation,
Katie

Brenda Brown said...

Paula both the card and bag are just adorable and so beautifully made. I love the images, colours and fabrics you have used.
Hope you are having wonderful holiday, I have just got back from mine.
hugs {brenda] xox

Sue said...

Lovely flowers on both projects and such a pretty colour. Enjoy your holiday.

Fliss said...

Really stunning creations Paula. The colours and stamping are so beautiful and your flowers so gorgeous.
Hope you're having a lovely holiday.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Julie Mutch said...

What can I say, Paula, this is absolutely stunning! Love the card and the bag - both are fabulous! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Stampsmith Challenge!

Cheers,
Julie

Yvonne Garner said...

Bravo Paula! Both pieces are just stunning and absolutely delightful! Best wishes, Yvonne

Mervi said...

hi Paula,
ow how gorgeous creations,
love the card and fabulous bag - and the flowers!!!
(Have to visit Lidl, too)
Many greetings,-))m

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula. Love the card and the bag. What beauties. So pleased you bought the sewing machine :)
Regards Florence xx

Ellie Knol said...

I LOVE that 'rosie' stamp! You made two beautiful creations with it! Gorgeous colours, everything is perfect...

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

The card and the bag are just stunning Paula! Your colouring always amazes me - oh how I wish I had your talent! Beautiful work as always :) xxx
Ps. enjoy your break!

Sam & Poppy said...

more absolute gorgeousness Paula, enjoy your holiday, hugs, Sam xxx

Terry said...

Paula, the card is incredible with that lovely image and breathtaking flowers! Love this and the bag is equally gorgeous! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Paula, love the stamping and your flowers are gorgeous. Sue C x

Debbie said...

STUNNING! Speechless! Love your creative mind Paula! Thank you for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge!

Debbie
^..^

Maria said...

These are stunning Paula! It's looks as though it's transferred brilliantly! I love Rosie against that background, and the colours are beautiful. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

Maria x

Michele said...

just incredibly beautiful! xo

Meggymay said...

Absolutely amazing, its a gorgeous project,
Love all the details and those beautiful flowers.
Yvonne x

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Wowzers!!! Your genius is at work again!!! What a fabulous idea to transfer the image to the bag - oh, and those flowerssssss.... drewl!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Stampsmith Challenge!!!
Val :)

Mrs.B said...

Hi Paula, Absolutely gorgeous, as you know I love this Justrite background stamp and you have used it to perfection.
Great idea with the bag, a wonderful set.
Avril xx

Esther said...

Hi Paula - slowly getting round everyone - I love your beautiful card and bag , such gorgeous colours and your flowers are just lovely...Esther xx