Followers

Monday 22 September 2014

Scrappy Vintage Sewing Cover


 Dusting off the cobwebs of my blog, thought it was about time I posted after a rather long absence. I have been beavering away in my sewing corner. I recently bought a rather delightful 1955 singer featherweight. It sews beautifully and is perfect for piecing my patchwork and beats my all singing and dancing computerised Bernina for neat stitching hands down.

Such a sweet machine deserves a cover to stop it getting dusty; dusting the house you see, is not high up there in my list of priorities! I used a pattern from Lori holts book 'Quilty Fun' to make this cover that has a dual use as a mat to store your bits and bobs whilst sewing.

I'm rather enjoying using more vibrant and brighter fabric in my sewing at the moment, and recently made yet another sewing kit.


Hopefully it won't be so long before my next post.

Take care and happy crafting xx



10 comments:

Dorthe said...

Good to see you again!!
I love your new old sewing maschine , and the happy and beautiful patchwork carpet you made to keep it dustfree :-)
Your new sewing kits are wonderful,too.
Hugs,Dorthe

Conniecrafter said...

Love the colors/fabric, those little pockets are a cute touch!

Sue said...

Beautiful quilting for a piece of artwork. Those old machines are definitely objects of beauty in their own right.

Riet Harikini said...

you do make the most beautiful things.

Words and Pictures said...

Hi Paula - I'm late catching up with this, but it's lovely to see you in action here again. You've clearly been busy in the meantime - all these bright and beautiful creations have really put a smile on my face. Gorgeous!
Alison xx

May said...

Gorgeous work... I love all your beautiful sewing projects...Glad to see you back....Hugs May x x

Unknown said...

Es una monada de trabajooo te invito a mi blog que es variado http://cosasdecosturadecarmele.blogspot.com

besoss

Sheryl said...

This is so lovely, makes me realize that I don´t make many bright coloured things. really pretty and useful.

Feli said...

Preciosos trabajos. te felicito.

janice15 said...

Im a new follower so I hope you come back soon a lobely machine and cover ... With love Janice