Followers

Saturday 1 June 2013

The stampsmith Challenge ~ Altered Boxes, Bags & Books


I was delighted to be asked to join The Stampsmith as a guest designer, as I love all their wonderful vintage photo stamps. This is my first project and it is for their new challenge which is, Altered boxes, bags and books.


I used this gorgeous stamp from the Portrait of a Lady stamp sheet for my notebook. It was more a case of re-purposing than altering as I didn't have the right sized notebook so I used some thick grey card, cut to size. It was painted in gesso first then a bit of distress inking. I stamped randomly in sepia archival ink with some text stamps and finally used the Tim Holtz papillon stamp and some white embossing powder to create a bit of surface texture.

I've recently bought some of the new TH alteration dies, one being the postage stamp die. It cuts all manner of things including the felt for my frame beautifully, to which I then added the obligatory sewing and a few buttons to finish. Another TH die for text and some prima papers which were also used for the inside.

I do hope you will check out the Smithies challenge blog and see the beautiful projects the team have created for this new challenge, and it would also be wonderful if you could join the challenge this month, as the prize is a very $21 of gorgeous Stampsmith stamps.

Must dash as I'm off to quilting workshop, (hopefully to start making my first quilt using a jelly roll!)

Take care and Happy stamping. xx 

Big apologises as I haven't manage to visit many blogs this week, will rectify that when I get in later, and will catch up with all your gorgeous creations.

11 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

Not surprised they asked you be a Guest Designer, you do wonderful makes with their stamps and of course, this note book is wonderful too.

Astrid Maclean said...

Congrats on being guest designer over there, well deserved, I don't know anyone who can use photo stamps like you can. Love your cover!

Brenda Brown said...

Just divine Paula, such a wonderful notebook. Enjoy your workshop and have a happy weekend.
Hugs {Brenda} x0x

Sam & Poppy said...

Beautiful! Have a great weekend. Big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Paula! So happy to have you joining us as Guest Designer!! Love your altered notebook. Great way to use the felt--love how that adds a really soft vintage feel. Love how you stamped on the cover too!!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Paula. They're lucky to have you on the DT as a guest designer.

Netty said...

You and the Stampsmith is a match made in heaven. Loving your gorgeous work. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Dorthe said...

An amazing stamp Paula,
so beautifully done! and the dies are great ,too- a wonderful note book-
Congratulations on being guest desinger at The Stampsmith!!
xo,Dorthe

Jenny Marples said...

Of course they want you as a Guest Designer. This is another gem Paula. Love the central image and you've used my favourite background stamp so that's gotta be great. Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

A really enchanting make, Paula - your altered book is exquisite - wonderful colours, and I love all the layers of text and script - yum! Huge congrats on the GD spot - can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve...
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Paula - wonderful to have you as a GD for The Stampsmith :)
Beautiful alteration.
Wishes
Lynne