Followers

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Shabby Calendar Designed For Happy Daze



Hoping you all had a great Christmas. Ours wasn't very peaceful as the dog decided to scoff a Thornton's chocolate Santa when we weren't looking (chocolate is poisonous in large quantities for dogs, our dog is small and he consumed a very large amount!) so we had to take him to the Vets on Christmas Day, I won't go into details for the treatment as it wasn't pleasant and I'm sure you can imagine LOL but we returned £130 lighter.

Anyway onto my project as its nearly the end of the year I decided to make a calendar. I recycled some cardboard which I covered in Tim Holtz Vintage shabby paper I die cut the edges, distressed and stamped. For the main image I used the pretty Artistic Outpost Bluebird stamps which I coloured in using new flexmarkers from my stash. The roses were made using some more of the Tim Holtz Vintage shabby paper & my new tattered pine cone die (which I never had a chance to make any cones with in time for christmas LOL) I printed the calendar on the computer then used my bind it all to attach it. Some string was added to finish.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your holidays and here's looking forward to a very crafty New Year.

XX

7 comments:

Ana Márquez said...

Sorry for your doggy :-( I hope it is better now.
Your calendar is so beautiful, congrats, I love shabby style.
I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas :-) Hugs!

Ann B said...

Must have been very worrying for you Paula and stressful for your little doggie. Sorrel has not been well over Christmas so I know how much of a worry it can be. She has had us up at least once a night since last Thursday - runs - and was sick this afternoon as well so it's the vets tomorrow for us and no crafting (again) for me.
Love your calendar and I NEED that pine cone die - such pretty roses.

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Paula, I love your calendar, such a gorgeous shabby deign.
Hope your little pooch is feeling much better now.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Irene said...

Brilliant calender, with gorgeous colours and flowers. I hope your dog is much better now.

luv
irene
xxxx

Carol Salisbury said...

That is a wonderful calendar! Love the stamping and flowers!
Sorry to hear about your doggie's adventures in chocolate! Poor thing it must have been horrible for all of you! Glad everything turned out ok and he's back home with you!
CarolS

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a beautiful calendar. Love the shabby chic and the wonderful image.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula. Beautiful calendar. Really different. Love it. Hope your doggy has now recovered. Arrrh!
Regards Florence xx