Followers

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Vintage Style Cards

I don't know about you but when I'm in craft mode, I can be in the middle of doing anything and I'll be thinking about my next idea, usually during my least favourite activity which is any sort of housework! I had intended on my next project being grecian inspired. But that has been shelved for the moment as the item I had intended to use is out of stock from my favourite craft haunts!! So I decided to make a few cards instead.

So for my first card I have used one of the images from The Crafty Individuals Issue 1 people and places mini book. I used some of the background papers and their die cut frames too and mounted onto a cream card which  I'd previously stamped and embellished with a die cut flower.


The next card was using another crafty individual product this time CI-302 which I thought would make a pretty mothers day card. I coloured the stamp using some watered down distress inks and and layered onto a background paper which I'd made with more distress inks and one of the large darkroom door background stamps. I added a layer of torn paper which I edged with Inka gold and added a pretty prima flower which I thought looked rather like a vintage broach!



Finally my last crafty Individual card. I used stamp CI-174 which I stamped onto a gypsies background paper. Then I cut them out and glued them onto one of the crafty individuals Inchies in frame which I'd inked used barn door distress ink, then stamped and embossed with a background stamp. I added some more Inka gold round the edges a pretty background paper and matted onto a black card, finally some more prima bling.
I love black cards, think it must be the goth in me trying to get out!!

Note to self will have to stop using square cards all the time! 


3 comments:

Princess4Wiz said...

Truly beautiful cards, Ephemera! I too love black cards, so can empathize with the Goth trying to escape!
Beth. xxx

Lin said...

Square cards are my favourite too. They speak to the organised side of my brain because until A5 they are symmetrical in every direction!

Lovely cards again. Particularly loving the one with the beautifully coloured yellow flowers, and that little charm sets it off to perfection.

Lin xx

PS This is attempt number 2 as blogger ate the first one

Kate's Cards said...

Loving your work - it's all fab!
Kate
xx