Followers

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Butterfly Arch for Happydaze



Due to family circumstances I have decided to reduce some of my crafting commitments, so I'm sad to say this is my last DT project for Happy daze. I have loved being on their design team, they are such a talented and friendly bunch and always full of inspiration.

I used the lovely lost coast design Butterfly stamps for my final project. I had an off cut of plywood on which I drew an arch shape and asked if Hubby would kindly cut it out for me as I wanted to keep my crafting fingers intact LOL.

I layered on various colours of  studio acrylic paint with a roller and then used the edge to give the impression of tall grasses. Once dry I used black archival ink to stamp the butterflies. Then I used the crafters workshop template and versamagic chalk inks and outlined the flowers with a white gel pen. I stamped the sentiment with archival ink and then I had my first encounter with beeswax, had fun getting very messy.


There is still plenty of time to enter the Junebug Happy Daze Challenge. One lucky winner will be drawn at random to win a  £15 voucher and free P&P to spend in the Happy Daze shop. Maximum of 3 entries per person & you must use at least one product which can be purchased in the Happy Daze shop.
  • You can enter by blogging you address to the linky widget here
  • emailing your picture to info@happy-daze.net
  • uploading your photo to their facebook page
My apologises for not visiting your blogs this week but this is a scheduled post as we are away in Devon.

Have a great week and Happy Crafting. XX

13 comments:

Deborah said...

Another beautiful piece, Paula. I love the painterly effect contrasting with the stark black of the butterflies.

Fliss said...

This is so lovely Paula. Love the shape and colours and the textures are amazing.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Just beautiful Paula and such a pretty colour!!

kjjc said...

lovely project as always. Hope we carry on 'seeing' you. Have a good holiday.

Ink Art Designs said...

Wow Paula, these colours are brilliant! I love it...Such a happy feel to it, and very uplifting.
Sorry to see you leaving Happy Daze, your pieces have been awesome. Take care my friend.
Dot x

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula
It is such a pity you are leaving their DT but obviously family always has to come first.
This is exceptionally pretty but also very artistic.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula. Hope you are enjoying your holiday. Beautiful piece. Love the colours. Great work Hubby as well.
Regards Florence xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I have loved your work for Happy Daze but I will keep an eye on your blog. This arch is beautiful I always love your colouring, and the white highlights work so well,

Lucy x

Shirl said...

Hi Paula that little touch of purple on your creation blends in so perfectly. I love flowers and butterflies but don't use as much as I should this has inspired me to get those little flutterbyes out and dust off.

Looks like you are having fabby weather.

Hugs Shirley x x

Terry said...

I hope you are having a great time! This is such a lovely Butterfly Arch! Love all the flowers and butterflies! Enjoy!

Redanne said...

Hi Paula, hubby did a great job on the cutting and you did a brilliant job on decorating it, it really is a beautiful piece, love the colours. A x

PS hope you are having a rest whilst away.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How fantastic, the colors are breathtaking.

Sam & Poppy said...

I'm so sorry you are leaving Happy Daze Paula and I will miss you there.
I love this arch, every thing about it is lovely.
Hope you are having a lovely holiday.
Big Hugs, Sam xxx