Followers

Friday 10 June 2011

Mucha Canvas

Just a quick post today. I decided to try something different for the 'Alter it Monthly challenge' which is canvas. I started out with a clear idea of what I wanted to do, but somehow it turned out completely differently. I have recently purchased some really lovely Lost Coast Design stamps based on the Art of Alfons Mucha and decided to use one of these.



I used a 10" by 8" canvas board and covered it in Inka gold and copper. Then I used cosmic shimmer sprays and gold embossing powder to create a bit more interest.

I actually used promarkers to colour the stamped image which I don't often do as I prefer more subtle tones. Then I glazed it with glossy accents.

I used a vintage paper from my stash and stamped it with yes, you guessed it another Lost Coast stamp LOL. It is difficult to see but the swirls are made from copper metal which I then diecut. Then I added a few embellishments and gave it a couple of coats of clear varnish.

Really struggling with my camera at the moment as whichever settings I use the colours do not appear true. They seem to have a white tinge to them.

I would like to thank you for your continuing comments and encouragement it is really appreciated.

Happy Crafting

6 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

oo . another beauty. thanks so much for joining us at alter it monthly. we LOVED that vintage dusky pink box last month. love the texture on the main body of the work. ( I am a texture fan)

Netty said...

Gorgeous Canvas, so love this. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous canvas.
Regards Florence.

Sue said...

I love this canvas with it's myriad of layers.

Granny Crafting said...

Love this Ephemera - so much movement in it.

Rika said...

gorgeous canvas!