Followers

Tuesday 3 May 2011

And Another Altered Box for Alter It Monthly

I know! But I do so love altering boxes. I must stop for a while as they are gradually filling up my dressing table, but I have an excuse, my other passion is jewellery and these are ideal for storing my rings and things.
This small wooden box cost less than £1.50 and is ideal for decorating as the lid is separate, I just wish I'd picked up a few more. This my entry for Alter it Monthly wood challenge.




I started by painting the box with dusky pink and cream  matt emulsion paint. Then I decorated the box using Pink Paislee Butterfly garden stamps and archival ink in coffee. The image is one of my favourite and I used Grafix rub onz to transfer it onto the box. Then some distress inks in Victorian velvet and brushed corduroy and finally completing the box with some spray varnish.

For this card I used Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden papers and an image from Moonlight journey and some kaiserkraft blooms.

I would also like to thank everyone for visiting my blog and leaving such kind and encouraging comments! Now off to do some more crafting!


6 comments:

Jeanie Callaghan said...

They are both really beautiful!

Zuzu's Blog said...

One of my favourite colour combos. dusky pink and brown. very soft vintage look.
thank you so much for joining us on alter it monthly :)
Z x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creations. You will just have to buy a bigger dressing table!
Regards Florence.

Sue said...

These are stunning and the colours are perfect for a vintage look.

Sharon xx said...

Wow, loving the box, its stunning. Can I ask what grafix rub onz is? Hope you dont mind but I have also added my name to your followers list
xx

Zoechaos said...

Beautifully altered box XOXO Zoe